Latest News (Foreign/Local) - Entertainment - Beauty Tips - Inspirations - Events- Latest Gist and Gossip.

Sunday, 29 September 2019

Drama As Referee Issue Eight Red Cards In A Football March In England

                                Image result for images of Drama As Referee Issue Eight Red Cards In A March
Every football fan has an opposition team they dread coming up against, for Bristol City supporters, that team is probably Preston North End.

The two teams had locked horns 12 times in six years prior to this season, with the Robins failing to come out on top even once against the Lilywhites during that time.
And City head coach Lee Johnson will be wondering what exactly his side need to do to beat North End after that record stretched to 13 when they met on Saturday.
The Robins led 2-0 and 3-2 but still couldn't find a way to win, conceding two penalties and having two goals disallowed before eventually drawing a thrilling Championship contest 3-3.
The mayhem at Deepdale epitomized another topsy turvy day of action outside of the Premier League - and here are five things you might've missed.
Under normal circumstances, eight red cards would leave a match on the brink of abandonment. At Huish Park, however, eight red cards were brandished just to keep the contest going.
That's because referee Aaron Jackson decided the ball boys dotted around the pitch for Yeovil Town's National League game against Bromley were hindering rather than helping the action on the field.
With the Glovers 3-1 up heading into the closing stages, it wasn't just the home players who were engaging in a bit of gamesmanship.
"One ball boy delayed giving the ball back to Bromley's Sam Wood about 10 minutes from the end and was warned by the referee," explained BBC Somerset commentator Chris Spittles.
"But when the same ball boy repeated the trick shortly after the referee asked for them all to be removed. One steward was tasked with gathering them all in and leading them away down the tunnel.
"I've never seen anything like it."
The contest had earlier been halted for 18 minutes following a nasty collision involving Bromley goalkeeper Mark Cousins.
Cousins was subsequently rushed to the hospital, but was thankfully given the all-clear and joined his team-mates for the coach journey home having suffered a slight concussion and ligament damage in his shoulder.


Post a comment